cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility - HTTP Request Multipart File Size Limitations

jdx0751
Level 4

I'm using the "HTTP Request Multipart" action in the latest version of the "Utility - HTTP" object downloadable from Digital Exchange. It works really well! However, I'm wondering if anyone knows the size limit of files passed in this action (using the FileMetadata collection).

I am testing a new automated process in Blue Prism 7.1.1 that uploads a single file using this HTTP request action. The file is 106 MB, which seems to be too much. When I try to run the action, I get an error within 60 seconds: "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown." This happens even when I have the Request Timeout increased to 900,000.

I tried increasing the Request Timeout to 1,000,000 (about 17 minutes) and got a different error one time: "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The operation has timed out". However, every other attempt [with this large file] has kicked out the System.OutOfMemoryException message after about 5-10 minutes. if I make the same HTTP request in Postman, the file uploads in about 90 seconds.

Is the Blue Prism object action limited in file size? Or am I missing a configuration that would allow me to upload bigger files with this object?

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Jenna

0 REPLIES 0