cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM stays in Warning after Acquire Lock

BarbaraSanchez
Level 2
Hello,
I'm having a Multi-Bot Process running on 4 machines at the same time.
But since last week, it has happened two times, that one VM remains Warning after Latest Stage "Acquire Lock".
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

This is one of the first steps of the process and no program is opened.

I've checked and the Acquire Lock wasn't using the TimeSpan. Now I've updated it with a 1 minute TimeSpan. I hope this helps. 

Thank you very much
1 REPLY 1

Hi Barbara

The warning state indicates that an action is taking longer than normal to complete. These can be a few scenarios that might cause an unwanted warning stage such as infinite loops, if object tries to attach to an application but is taking a longer time or if a large file needs to be handled at times. In your case since, you can check logs once to see if any action is taking a longer period of time and perhaps optimize the solution accordingly.

However, if you wish to increase the wait time for VM's to enter waiting stage then I would suggest two things here. First you can try and increase the warning threshold time from the System tab as shown below from the default 5 min which will work for all stages in all processes/objects:

34868.png

Secondly, check your log viewer for the session where you see this issue and identify which stage is causing it. You can also override the warning threshold for that particular stage from the stage properties after double clicking on it in Process/Object studio​ and changing the warning threshold to 'Overridden' state and providing the minutes parameter:

34869.png

------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com