cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning there is currently 1 running process (Blue Prism)

ChrisRider
Level 4

I have a scheduled process that runs at 745am and runs again at 12pm via the control center.  First, it calls Login to login to the Windows system.  Next, it runs the process.  At the end of the process, I exit the application by using ALT-F4 keyboard sequence.  Control center then runs Logout.

If I manually login to the Windows PC after the 745am job, I will often see a message from Blue Prism indicating something tried to close it.  See the screenshot:

35959.png
When the scheduled noon process runs, the warning dialog is interfering with the automation process it tries to run and fails.  I then have to manually run the process.
I've examined the parameters for the early morning and afternoon run - they are identical.
If I have Blue Prism run the process from studio or dragging the job in control room to the resource pc, it runs ok.  It does not cause the Blue Prism exit dialog to appear.  I have not figured out how to reproduce the warning dialog.  
One more bit of information - the noon run does not generate the Warning dialog from Blue Prism.  It runs the same process, so not sure why it happens in the morning and not the afternoon.
Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?  More of a workaround, but I suppose I could have have Blue Prism click the cancel button on the dialog.  However, since I have no been able to reproduce the issue, I do not have a way to verify anything I try.
Maybe when the ALT-F4 is running, Blue Prism is being affected?  I am using global send key event.  Before it sends the key sequence, I have a step to activate the application I want to exit from.  After activating the application, I have BP wait 5 seconds before sending the keyboard sequence.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Chris yes I'd say your ALT F4 is hitting your Resource PC window. So options, and you could do both, are:

• Use a different, non-global, close method
  • Start resource PC with the /invisible switch

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Chris yes I'd say your ALT F4 is hitting your Resource PC window. So options, and you could do both, are:

• Use a different, non-global, close method
  • Start resource PC with the /invisible switch

ChrisRider
Level 4

I followed John Carter's advice and made the Resource PC invisible.  I have not had the issue for a few days now - looks like this fixed the issue.