cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Pop Up

Mohamad_747
Level 4

Hi All,

It's not a question but rather a discussion that i want to have with you.

In best practice we saw that for pop up windows like restore page or translate page, we have to create a seperate VBO (windows application) to handle it.

But what if the pop up didnot appear ?

So for example when i make a kill process for chrome and i restart again, sometimes i dont have the translate pop up see below :

28535.png

So what i did, in my VBO i make it like that : 

28536.png

In fact if i put a system exception in the wait for Translate pop up sometimes i had an error (because the pop up not exist). Even for attach i had the AMI error.

So i put an end stage, and it work very well.

But i need your opinion if you can help me and give me a cleaner solution :).

Thanks

------------------------------
-----------------------
Mohamad DAKKOURI
Tech Lead Blue Prism
-----------------------
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Mohamad DAKKOURI,

Did you spy this element using UIA? I have had to spy a window like this before only for it to change on a browser update. I would suggest adding this command parameter --hide-crash-restore-bubble to your application modeler to hide the Restore Session popup window. For the language translation, you can add the following parameter, --disable-features=Translate.

Cheers, 28513.png

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
Canada

Hi Chistopher Potvin,

Is it  possible to add two commands at the same time  for both restore/popup(-hide-crash-restore-bubble) as well as language translation(--disable-features=Translate)?

-hide-crash-restore-bubble --disable-features=Translate

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi @Harish Mogulluri,

You can add as many parameters as you like. Another parameter that might be helpful for you in the future is the --start-maximized  this will start the browser in a maximized window. 

Thanks!

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
Canada

Thanks Christopher. That's good to know.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Dear Christopher

Thank you for your answer.

But suppose its not this pop up, its another pop up like for example save as or something else.

How can we create a Vbo that work without error (not connected) even if we dont have the pop up.

Like i do even if its work, i find its not a clean way.

I dont know if i am clear but dont hesitate to ask me if its not clear.

Mohamad DAKKOURI

Hi @Mohamad DAKKOURI,

I get what you're saying. You would have to create an object as you have done and spy the windows, buttons etc. It's always important to remember to keep the attributes as generic as possible using wild cards and match index if possible. 

One strategy I've used in the past is to treat pop-up windows as their own screen. I would then create a generic Object with actions and attach that object to any existing browser session. That way if another developer encounters the same pop-up on a different project or website, they may be able to use your Object and actions. 

Thanks!

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
Canada