cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows browse to file - unable to spy

StephanieStrydo
Level 5
Hi,

I am working with a browser based app that I launch in Edge. Now I need to upload a doc to the application, and the usual windows "browse to file" opens. I can't spy it with the windows mode - BP times out with this error below. Any suggestions? I spied this sort of thing before.

Error:
System.InvalidOperationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Stephanie,

The error "The window spied was not found in the model" usually suggests that the element is not in the same Application Model as the one you're attached to already. One suggestion would be to see if using the Edge browser extension for Blue Prism in Browser Mode helps with this scenario. Alternately, reviewing the Process-design guidance in the KB article, "Why do I get "The window spied was not found in the model" error when spying?" would be a good first step.

Let us know your feedback on these suggestions by updating this thread; I hope they're helpful.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Stephanie,

The error "The window spied was not found in the model" usually suggests that the element is not in the same Application Model as the one you're attached to already. One suggestion would be to see if using the Edge browser extension for Blue Prism in Browser Mode helps with this scenario. Alternately, reviewing the Process-design guidance in the KB article, "Why do I get "The window spied was not found in the model" error when spying?" would be a good first step.

Let us know your feedback on these suggestions by updating this thread; I hope they're helpful.

StephanieStrydo
Level 5
By creating the pop-up window as a separate object, and spying those elements, I managed. I then created the actions needed on the pop-up, and then called those actions in my original app's VBO (actions in actions - something I generally avoid), but it does the job and I managed to build in the level of confirmation I needed to make sure its doing what it needs to do. Using "Attach" is crucial here. Thanks Steve for the link above.