cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Queues - set data error

PaulWiatroski
Level 4
​I'm trying to update data in a work queue using Set Data, but I'm getting the following error:

Internal : An error occurred setting the data : The provided data has a different key value to the work item. The key field: 'Item ID'; Item value: '041964C - 9:33 PM  07/16/2019'; Data value: '041964C - 9:33 PM  07/16/2019'

The two values look identical to me.  Anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks,
Paul

------------------------------
Paul Wiatroski
Application Developer
Westfield Insurance
America/New_York
3 REPLIES 3

​Hi Paul,

I have added Two items to Queue with different item Key Values - Get Next Item - Changed item key value to another Pending item's key value - I got this error "Internal : An error occurred setting the data : The provided data has a different key value to the work item. The key field: 'Number'; Item value:"

You are trying to set key value which is same for one of the item pending in Queue. Try to give unique item keys.

Thanks,

Rajesh kumar Muthineni
RPA Developer
Highmark Health
America/Chicago

david.l.morris
Level 14
When you use Set Data, it's asking for the Item ID which looks like this: 03d027e3-5f7f-4403-9557-ff7d277ebdbf.

There are a few actions that output the Item ID and it just depends on what you need but usually Get Next Item is what retrieves that and you use it later on to set the data. The value you have looks more like an Item Key which might be in a field inside the data and is used as the Item Key field when you view the queue from Control Room. That Item Key can't be used to set the data of a queue item and I would expect it to look something like what you have there.

Edit: I should stop looking at the forum late in the day. I re-read your post and realized what you were saying. Yeah the values look the same to me. Is this an issue you're able to reproduce where it says that the item key is different even though it looks exactly the same?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks for the replies, they got me thinking about different things.  It turns out the Developer who coded this had a field in the collection called "Item ID", which is supposed to hold the Item Key value​ such as  '041964C - 9:33 PM  07/16/2019', not the Item ID value such as 'e8e7d8bc-3c38-4c9f-8653-fef0449783ca'.  So the values were getting mixed up causing the above error.  I changed the name of the collection field to something other than Item ID and it works now. 

Paul Wiatroski
Application Developer
Westfield Insurance
America/New_York