cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working together on one process

JanPiwowarski
Level 4
A General question, has anyone a Suggestion how two or more developers can work on one process together? Once opened the process is locked, so that you you have to create several copies. But how can you merge these relatively quickly. Is there a possibility to compare the XML from the created processes? For very complex processes, it would really be necessary to work simultaneously.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Best practice development is for one developer to own the process level build, with the process based upon the Blue Prism process template. If your process is very large and complex your design phase probably needs to think about how you might break the Process down into smaller deliverables. Your design phase can look into how you might break your process down into multiple processes (i.e. Load Work Process, Main Process, Reporting & MI process, Exception process etc) - each of which could be worked on by different people based upon the relevante PDI design document. You could also remove some complexity from your process by creating Component Objects, a middle layer of functionality. For example you may have an Object layer that has actions that interface with different screens in a Banking application. And a Component layer (also built in object studio) that takes some of these actions to build functionality such as 'Funds Transfer' or 'Close Account' that uses multiple actions. The process would then call the component objects. You could also use an agile approach for a complex process, where you deliver the process in multiple itterations - each itterations adding in additional scenarios. Your first itteration might be very basic.

Hi Dennis, I really need clarity on when should I create a component object for an application. I'm planning to set a standard on this multi layer approach and this means creating a component object for all objects even if they are small and not reusable such as setting values in excel using ExcelVBO. If a process interacts with 3 applications, it means 3 coponent objects that are non reusable. Will this have any negative effect on the performance of the bot in the long run that I should watch out for? 

------------------------------
Jose Norberto Manrique
------------------------------