cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bp fails to open excel workbook

oskarjennische1
Level 3
hi, i get this error "ERROR: Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage; Open workbook took more than 30 secs. 

should i create a exception handling for this stage with a timer that retries opening it? the thing is, the items that failed being opened also failed being deleted, if i retried opening it many times, and the delete stage already have a retry logic built in. 

how would you do it?

------------------------------
oskar jennische
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @oskarjennische1,

If you take a look at the Open Workbook action in the Excel VBO, you'll see there's a data item defined for timeout. It's default value is 30 (as in 30 seconds). You could always increase that value to allow for a longer timeout period.​ When you say you're getting the same timeout for deleting, which deletion action are you referring to?

Cheers,
Eric

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

hi,
i am using utility file management to delete the file. but i just talked to the team that supports us and manages the vdis, and it seems like there is this problem with excel on multiple vdis. apparently, microsoft was updated last thursday, but this tuesday, the 26th, all my queue items worked for this process, but yesterday it got terminated. since i am only a summer worker i am not sure how to deal with this, and even if there is anything i can do about it

oskar jennische