cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to launch the browser

AkhilNukala
Level 2

Hi i am trying to launch one webpage in Edge, it was launching but it is throwing below error
Failed to launch application - Could not open target process

i am using blue prism learning edition  V 7.3.0 and browser extension is 7.1.2

------------------------------
Akhil Nukala
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

diane.sanzone
Level 7

Hi Akhil,

It could be a bunch of things. First - check to see if there's a newer browser extension. I found this page on the BP user guides that indicates that there is a 7.3 extension and includes a link to downloading it:

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-3/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/browser-extension-edge.htm

If that still doesn't fix it-

Next check this blue prism doc and see if something here might help you:

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-3/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/troubleshooting.htm#Troubleshootingbrowserintegration

(if you don't want to click the link, just google "blue prism browser troubleshooting")

If you're new to BP, you might not yet have found how amazing and helpful their online documentation is. Make sure to adjust the version number in the upper left corner of the page so you get content applicable to your release.

The error indicates that it can't start the process, but you said Edge actually launches.  Does it come up to the correct page?  I would verify that you have proper permissions to the executable in the folder.  Maybe try launching something else like notepad and see if it works or throws a similar message. That could help confirm/deny the browser extension and the folder permission.

I have had situations where my browser launches but blue prism says that it can't find the page (different error than you're getting - mine is that the browser extension is not detected).  I solve that by putting a block around the launch stage with a recover, then direct to a resume/attach loop for 30 seconds in case it just needs more time.  Let me know if you need more detail on this to try it.

Finally, since you're using Edge, can you check that the website you're opening is opening in full chromium mode and not IE compatibility mode?  If you look at the URL bar, right before the URL text should be an icon. if it looks like an internet explorer lowercase E, then it's compatibility mode. If you have anything else there (lock, open lock, etc.) then it's not.  If it is IE compatibility mode, that might be making things more difficult for you. You'd have to change your application modeller to use IE mode instead of Chrome/Firefox for it to properly identify the browser (IE actually loads instances still - it's crazy!)

I hope some of this helps.  If you still have issues, please post some screenshots of your modeller configuration, launch parameters, etc. so hopefully someone smarter than me can help.

Good luck!

Diane Sanzone

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

diane.sanzone
Level 7

Hi Akhil,

It could be a bunch of things. First - check to see if there's a newer browser extension. I found this page on the BP user guides that indicates that there is a 7.3 extension and includes a link to downloading it:

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-3/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/browser-extension-edge.htm

If that still doesn't fix it-

Next check this blue prism doc and see if something here might help you:

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-3/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/troubleshooting.htm#Troubleshootingbrowserintegration

(if you don't want to click the link, just google "blue prism browser troubleshooting")

If you're new to BP, you might not yet have found how amazing and helpful their online documentation is. Make sure to adjust the version number in the upper left corner of the page so you get content applicable to your release.

The error indicates that it can't start the process, but you said Edge actually launches.  Does it come up to the correct page?  I would verify that you have proper permissions to the executable in the folder.  Maybe try launching something else like notepad and see if it works or throws a similar message. That could help confirm/deny the browser extension and the folder permission.

I have had situations where my browser launches but blue prism says that it can't find the page (different error than you're getting - mine is that the browser extension is not detected).  I solve that by putting a block around the launch stage with a recover, then direct to a resume/attach loop for 30 seconds in case it just needs more time.  Let me know if you need more detail on this to try it.

Finally, since you're using Edge, can you check that the website you're opening is opening in full chromium mode and not IE compatibility mode?  If you look at the URL bar, right before the URL text should be an icon. if it looks like an internet explorer lowercase E, then it's compatibility mode. If you have anything else there (lock, open lock, etc.) then it's not.  If it is IE compatibility mode, that might be making things more difficult for you. You'd have to change your application modeller to use IE mode instead of Chrome/Firefox for it to properly identify the browser (IE actually loads instances still - it's crazy!)

I hope some of this helps.  If you still have issues, please post some screenshots of your modeller configuration, launch parameters, etc. so hopefully someone smarter than me can help.

Good luck!

Diane Sanzone

Hello Akhil Nukala - please check this as well .

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000076676-bpe-error-could-not-open-target-process-when-working-in-the-object-studio

Neeraj Kumar

Thanks, Neeraj. Your link solved it for me.

Emeka Ozonze