cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook: Object variable or With block variable not set

MehakGoyal
Level 2
we are facing issue in one of the process in production which is reading unread mails from a mailbox and we are getting this intermittent error at the stage where its reading mails from mailbox( we are using MS outlook VBO's action - Get received items basic
ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Object variable or With block variable not set.
This error is coming everyday but when we run the process in evening, it usually runs without issue. we tried running it on a different machine also, but is giving same error. Any ideas about the cause or the fix?

------------------------------
Mehak Goyal
RPA Developer
Fidelity International
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Mehak,

An "Object variable or With block variable not set" error when using the Outlook VBO is usually caused when there are no Inputs Parameter values assigned to the action. To resolve this issue we recommend to always assign an input value to at least one of the Input Parameters.

Alternately, have you tried using the latest version of the Outlook VBO on the DX to see if it helps?

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10

Hi Hari,

I already had a similar problem.

Do any of the error cases have  the attachment have the character "!"? I had a problem when sending emails that had some special characters, at the time I normalized them before including them in the object input. 

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil

Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil