cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JosephHarris
Level 2

When raising a ticket abut blueprism slowness on one of our machines they said it was slow because the connection between the client and the app server and database was poor.

For most things (e.g. opening menus or some tabs) a connection to the app server/database should not make the app perform dreadfully slow as it either doesnt need the connection or if it does, the page should load most things and the data from the app server/database should load afterwards.

1 Comment

Hello @Joseph Harris

Thanks for taking the time to raise your idea.

Having reviewed the details, I think the idea is actually misnamed slightly. From the description provided, you want to see a solution to problems caused by the interactive client requiring a constant connection to the database/app server, as a drop in those connections can cause the client to become responsive even if no data is currently being loaded in. This is slightly different than what we would internally call "offline working", which is where a developer could use the client to create a process or object and then save it locally for a later upload.

Given that your idea relates to the former and not the later, I have good news! The Next-Gen Blue Prism platform, which was spoken about in our recent roadmap webinar, will see this idea delivered when we launch the first version, which is planned for the middle of the year.

As a result of this, I'm going to mark your idea as Planned - Now.

Regards,

Rob