cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakubMikolasek
Level 3
I think that "Set next stage" command should get a hotkey, so that a developer could click at an Action and press the hotkey (instead of the right-click menu) to set next stage to it.
It is just a tiny 1-2 seconds saving, but given the frequency "Set next stage" is used, the benefit to the users would be huge...
7 Comments
JaredRumball
Level 6
Yes, yes and yes! I don't know how many times I have wished for this small enhancement.
MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi Jakub,

Thank you for your idea. The team has reviewed it, and we discussed that right click + N is already a hot key. Can you please provide more information on how this additional feature would help or differentiate from the existing feature?

I've set your idea to Need More Info while we wait for this additional information. 

Thanks,
Melanie
JakubMikolasek
Level 3
​Ghat is great news to me, none of our team has learned that hotkey for two years(and given Jared's comment we were not alone) 🙂
Therefore, I could change my idea to a simple recommendation "make this hotkey more visible in BP training materials"
JaredRumball
Level 6
Thanks for the tip on that hotkey 🙂

I agree giving some kind of indication of the shortcut keys available would be a valuable addition. I've spent more like five years in the product and hadn't realised this one was there!

Normally in a context menu situation I would expect to see a specific letter in a command underlined if it is available as a hotkey. 

For example in the context menu for a cell in Excel:
  • T for Cut
  • C for Copy
  • I for Insert
  • D for Delete
  • etc
This makes it really obvious what's available.

It could also be helpful to be able to customise shortcut key settings for various commands. For instance being able to set a personalised hotkey for specific tool items you use frequently, or debug commands not currently provided with hotkeys (Pause or Reset anyone?). Although that should be logged as a separate idea suggestion I suppose 🙂

Thanks!
MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi all, 

I'm so glad that the existing hot key fits the criteria here, and that we could make you aware of a new feature! 🙂 As a result, I'm going to go ahead and mark this idea as Delivered. I've reached out to the support team about publishing some documentation around this hot key to make it more immediately apparent to users who would like to use this feature. Once we get it posted, I'll be sure to leave a comment here with the link. 

@Jared Rumball - I think that's a great suggestion, and I would request that you create a new idea with that feedback, this way we can track the interest and route it through our internal review process as well. If you do decide to create an idea, please be sure to leave a comment here with a link! 

Thanks!
Melanie ​
JaredRumball
Level 6
Yes, I will create a new suggestion soon.

By the way @Melanie Giuliani, I was trying to insert a screenshot of the Excel context menu as well to make it clear what I was getting at with the underlined letter for each command, but the image insertion would not work 😞

When editing the comment it showed there was a DIV element but he image itself would not display when the comment was posted.
MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi Jared,

Yes - this is a known bug with the community platform. Currently, the ability to embed images in idea comments is disabled, but the image option still appears on the toolbar. We have raised it to the vendor and are waiting for a response. 

Images can be attached to the ideas themselves, just not comments. Sorry for any confusion this caused!

Thanks,
Melanie