cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrédéricTARDY
Level 2
Hello,

My context is I'm working with application servers where there might be several clients connected to one database each, or environments big enough that might requires we add application servers to them (so as to not run into the 100 runtimes limit by AS).

each environment has its own encryption scheme, and when we set up new servers we'd like to know if the encryption scheme we add in bpserver is the correct one.

we have only one encryption scheme by environment, I want to be sure we have the right one, the one already in use for this environment. if I add (incorrectly) another encryption scheme, there will be no error in the client (I won't have the "unresolved key" message), the only way to know I've done something wrong is to get error when launching processes that needs authentication.

I would like to get some kind of messages from within bpserver.exe when I set up the encryption scheme, like "the encryption scheme you entered is not the one currently configured on the database", or maybe at least a number of current encryption scheme available on the database. if I add my encryption scheme and I get this number to change, I'll know there's a mistake.

I hope I'm clear enough 🙂

(this idea is from ticket #197378)

regards,
F. Tardy