cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Documentation

SamLima
Level 7

What is the order for documentation in bp? which template to start with? and which to end with?

FRQ
pdd
PDI
SDD
Operational Handbook - Template
Blue Prism Release Note Template

and any other documents we need to complete before/ during automation?

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

Usually we start with the Discover phase where initial process assessment is conducted which would comprise of the IPA document. Then while we proceed ahead with any process candidate we create the PDD document which is then approved by the business. This is called the Define phase and to better accompany the PDD, we also create FRQ or Functional Requirement Questionnaire in order to better probe questions around the functioning of the overall process.

Once we are through the Define phase, we would go ahead with Design phase and prepare SDD (Solution Design Document) accompanied by PDI (Process Design Instruction) and ODI (Object Design Instruction)  document. This is where the development phase will take place. Now once development has been completed, we can create testing related documents such as Test Strategy document or UAT test results document and get an official sign off to move into production.

Once we have the approval we create Deployment Checklist, Operational Handbook, Blue Prism Release Note document, User Manuals, Ramp Up document, BAU document. All these depend on the organization structure where additional documents may be added or some documents might get removed as well.

You can check the below SDLC diagram for more details which I created as a part of a presentation a few months back:

33853.png.

Also, I would suggest you to check out the ROM Essentials Beginners Course It will help you to get an overall understanding of how ROM concepts are used all across industries.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Sam,

Usually we start with the Discover phase where initial process assessment is conducted which would comprise of the IPA document. Then while we proceed ahead with any process candidate we create the PDD document which is then approved by the business. This is called the Define phase and to better accompany the PDD, we also create FRQ or Functional Requirement Questionnaire in order to better probe questions around the functioning of the overall process.

Once we are through the Define phase, we would go ahead with Design phase and prepare SDD (Solution Design Document) accompanied by PDI (Process Design Instruction) and ODI (Object Design Instruction)  document. This is where the development phase will take place. Now once development has been completed, we can create testing related documents such as Test Strategy document or UAT test results document and get an official sign off to move into production.

Once we have the approval we create Deployment Checklist, Operational Handbook, Blue Prism Release Note document, User Manuals, Ramp Up document, BAU document. All these depend on the organization structure where additional documents may be added or some documents might get removed as well.

You can check the below SDLC diagram for more details which I created as a part of a presentation a few months back:

33853.png.

Also, I would suggest you to check out the ROM Essentials Beginners Course It will help you to get an overall understanding of how ROM concepts are used all across industries.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Nice description @devneetmohanty07

Shikhar Mishra
RPA Lead
Infosys Pvt Ltd
Pune,India
Shikhar Mishra RPA Lead Infosys

Thanks @Shikhar Mishra. Glad it could help out :)​

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty