cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with expand a list on a page

jacobitwaco
Level 3

Hello I've got the problem with expanding a list on a page. I would like to expand a country list and select the right country, for example Germany. In Object studio I know that I have to use navigate stage but what action? BluePrism version 7.2.0. Maybe it's not working through my trial version? I will be thankfull for help.

jacobitwaco_1-1713087522949.png

Zrzut ekranu (603).png

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

harish.m
Level 12

You can try using Focus + Click Center+ Global send keys ( Down arrow) If you know the position of the dropdown value for  germany you need to send down arrow 4 times( ENsure the application is activated  before sending global send keys)
2) In order to see more option you can navigate to app modeller change the element type  and see that will change the actions in the navigation stage

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Jacobitwaco,

The action depends on  the web application beahvior
In general, I would try below approach you can try based on the application behavior
1) Focus+ Select Item( Give the  drop down list value for ex; Germany in the drop down is present in the 4th row i would sugest passing the row value in the item position and Text 
If the dropdown value is dynamic you can read the dropdown values and  update the value and text accordingly also Ensure the text should match exactly
2) Focus + Click+ Write Text+GSK(ENter)

Check below videos for reference, although this approach will work the previous version  of Blue Prism, I would expect it will not make difference in the new version you might need to play around the application to identify best suitable actions for the application you are working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG382Z5HKXo&ab_channel=BluePrismRPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJjMNoTjUk&ab_channel=DineshReddyvari

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

I tried to use the option that you suggested but It still doesn't work. I don't have an action like select Item. I will send you a list of my actions in Navigate Stage. I thought that the best option would be to use: 

1) Select + Write Stage - I created a data item with the initial value. But after that, my country field becomes empty as picture below. Zrzut ekranu (604).pngZrzut ekranu (605).pngZrzut ekranu (606).pngZrzut ekranu (607).png

harish.m
Level 12

You can try using Focus + Click Center+ Global send keys ( Down arrow) If you know the position of the dropdown value for  germany you need to send down arrow 4 times( ENsure the application is activated  before sending global send keys)
2) In order to see more option you can navigate to app modeller change the element type  and see that will change the actions in the navigation stage

OH yes, I had to change Element Type in Application Modeller for List(Web). Then appeared a function in Navigate Stage like "Select List Item" . Now It works, thanks for your help brother 😉