Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about usage of HTTP Request

dbellazzi
Level 3

Hi All,

I need to replicate this call from the HTTP Request obj V.10:

curl -k -X POST -H "content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -H "Authorization: Basic TOKEN" -d "DATA" "ENDPOINT"

I am filling the fields in this way

dbellazzi_0-1715683122634.png

dbellazzi_1-1715683165769.png

I am pretty sure to compile all the fields correctly except than the information "-k".

Do you find any mistakes in the compilation? How can I insert the "-k" information in the action?

Thanks,

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5

ewilson
Staff
Staff

"-k" with curl specifies that it should be an insure (no certificate checking) connection. There is no capability for that directly within the HTTP VBO, but there is a dedicated VBO available on the DX that can disable certification checking. However, this should NOT be used in production as disabling certificate checking creates a security vulnerability.

The VBO for disabling certificate checking can be found here: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/disable-certificate-vbo

Just add an Action stage calling the disable action before calling the HTTP VBO and you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Eric

RickyMasa
Level 3

Hi everyone,

@ewilson I have a similar issue since I need to perform the same HTTP request via object "Utility - HTTP v 10", while preserving the "-k" in the curl command. I've red about this VBO action to disable certificate checking and I included it in the code. However I am still getting the same "401" error message, do you know any reason why this is happening and how could I manage to solve the issue?

Thanks,

Riccardo

@RickyMasa remove the Authorization header definition you've added to the Headers Collection. The Authorization header in this case should be set by using the Bearer Token property. Set Use Bearer Token to True and set Bearer Token to the value of your token.

Cheers,

Eric 

Hi Eric,

thank you for your fast reply, however even with your suggestion I am unable to correctly perform my HTTP request and the 401 error is still there. I also tried to keep the Authorization header in the Headers Collection and in the Bearer Token simultaneously, but I still get the same 401 error code I was having before.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you,

Riccardo

@RickyMasa a 401 error is typically return due to failed authentication. Are you sure you've copied the token in properly and not included any additional white space at the beginning or end of the string? You're not pre-Base64 encoding the token before you pass it into Blue Prism are you?

I would suggest downloading a copy of Fiddler Classic or Fiddler Everywhere and using that to capture the cUrl request and a request from Blue Prism and then compare the two. That will show you if there's something different between them.

https://www.telerik.com/fiddler/fiddler-classic 

Cheers,

Eric