cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify logging requirement at 'Run Time'

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
Would be good if you could specify what logging is required at execution time. I'm thinking you would specify it like a start-up variable and the options would be: Disable - No logging is done at all Enable All - Everything is logged Enable - Same as currently happens i.e. logging is done as specified on each stage/action Errors Only - Stages/Actions would only log in an error scenario Default - Use default logging setting for each stage/action, which are specified in the System Settings (i.e. you may want Start, End to be enabled, all others to be Errors only) This would mean you wouldn't need to amend the process/objects, just to stop it logging. We've found that having logging on makes the process run so much slower.
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Graeme - thanks for the good suggestion. You can also affect logging at machine level in System > Resources > Management > right click And yes, logging can slow you down (round trips to the DB) and you should always consider the amount, usefulness and sensitivity of data recorded in logs. As I'm sure you know, full logging can create a lot of junk and give you compliance problems. It's worthwhile making logging part of the solution design agreed by all parties. Ditto the overarching archiving policy. John