cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Edition Password

isabellag26
Level 3

Hello everyone!

I am new to the Blue Prism Foundations training course on Coursera, and I am having some trouble logging in. Once I installed and opened Blue Prism Learning Edition (7.3 - the latest version) on my laptop running Windows 11 Pro, I was prompted to create a password with at least 8 characters, at least 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase character, and at least one number. However, it only allows me to enter a maximum of 5 characters. I tried entering "admin" as the password, but it told me that "Your password is too short, but must be 8 characters or more" even though it doesn't let me put more than 5. I'd really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks,

Isabella

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @Mohamad_747 and @John__Carter,

Thank you both for your help. I actually realized that I needed to go into Blue Prism's properties to override the high DPI scaling behavior and change it to "System". It then allowed me to successfully create a password and use Blue Prism properly. Sharing this solution just in case someone needs it in the future.

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @isabellag26 

Have you already installed Blue Prism or its the first time? I admit that I have never encountered this problem with my apprentices, but what I can advise you is to delete Blue Prism and reinstall it again. If the problem persists, delete Sql server (it installs automatically with Blue Prism) and reinstall everything again. Make sure there is no important data on your sql database

isabellag26
Level 3

Hi @Mohamad_747,

Thank you for your response! I believe this was the first time that I had ever installed Blue Prism on my laptop. I followed your advice and deleted Blue Prism and any associated files, but I am still experiencing the same issue after re-installing it. Below is an image that shows what I'm seeing when I open up Blue Prism. Also, would you happen to know how I can delete and reinstall the sql server? I'm honestly not even sure if it was properly installed. Again, thank you so much for your help so far.

Blue Prism Limited Edition Screenshot.png

Hi @isabellag26 

Its a pleasure for me if i can help you

Delete Blue Prism from here by clicking on the 3 points and then uninstall it

Mohamad_747_3-1716277142993.png

Do the same with sql server 2007

Mohamad_747_4-1716277188701.png

After this go to this website and install blue prism again https://portal.blueprism.com/products/learning , put a password with 8 characters 1 upper, 1 lower , and 1 number for instance :  (123456Password)

Hope it will help you. 🙂

isabellag26
Level 3

Thank you, Mohamad. I deleted Blue Prism and then I was going to delete SQL Server 2007, but then I saw that SQL Server 2007 was never installed with Blue Prism. Even when I re-installed Blue Prism using the link that you provided, SQL Server 2007 was still not installed. I'm not sure how I would be able to proceed with this.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Isabella - it's not 'SQL Server 2007', the Learning Edition uses SQL LocalDB.

Hi @Mohamad_747 and @John__Carter,

Thank you both for your help. I actually realized that I needed to go into Blue Prism's properties to override the high DPI scaling behavior and change it to "System". It then allowed me to successfully create a password and use Blue Prism properly. Sharing this solution just in case someone needs it in the future.