Smart Automation Services
Asia/Manila
------------------------------
10 REPLIES 10

CharlesTrott
Staff
Staff
Hi there, 

I took a quick search on our Digital Exchange, https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/ but I was not able to find anything available. Microsoft Teams would likely be leveraged through a graph API call and work in conjunction with a MS 365 set of commands. If you don't mind my asking, what specific features and capabilities are you looking to get out of a Teams VBO, as it's possible others may have these capabilities and I can pass the feedback onto our internal teams.

Charles Trott
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Charles,

Good day.

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I've also searched for DX but there's none.

-----------------------
what specific features and capabilities are you looking to get out of a Teams VBO, as it's possible others may have these capabilities and I can pass the feedback onto our internal teams.
-----------------------

I would like to know the GET part (getting a message for specific Teams' group or channel). I already knew how to POST a message for specific Teams' group using Webhook.

If you have the GET Teams part, please let me know and that's why I'm also asking if there's someone here who already spied MS Teams so that I could reuse it.

Thanks.

Ma Abegail Fernandez
Blue Prism Mentor / Sr. Blue Prism Developer
Smart Automation Services
Asia/Manila

The short of it is that there are two ways to go about this:

1. Leverage PowerAutomate
  2. Leverage the Graph API (requires access to be granted by an organization admin)

I've heard mention that our CoE currently uses option 1 for some of their processes. We're investigating the second route, but it's a slow process.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi @AmiBarrett, Greetings. I had come across one requirement to use Microsoft Teams in our process and type in some messages​ to specific id as per rules. Would be great if you let us know how to integrate with Blue Prism and make use of it. I am using BP 6.61 version and do not see any in-built VBO for MS Teams. Thanks in advance.

Divya Devarashetti

As you say, we do not currently have a VBO for this available. The only routes I know of for this entail the two listed in the previous post.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi ,

I am also looking for some help in order to send automated notification through Teams. I need to send message based on the email ID coming from excel hence it would not work with Webhook connector since in webhook, prerequisites is to create teams/channel first.

Is that right understanding?

Asia/Kolkata

ewilson
Staff
Staff
An integration for Teams is now available on the DX.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/microsoft-graph-api---teams

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get some GUI elements spied in MS Teams. After several tries, I've managed to achieve this by choosing 'Browser-based Application (Internet Explorer)' in the App Modeler wizard and then using the Active Accessibility spying mode. It worked well, but only for a limited period of time. One day it suddenly didn't recognize the GUI elements anymore. 

Anyway, my goal would be to automate the screen sharing action in Teams, as we need a live feed from the resources especially during deployment windows. Is there any way to get this done? 

Thanks is advance for your support!

Have a nice day and stay safe!

Radu Dumitrache
RPA Developer
DB
Europe/Bucharest

Hi @Radu Dumitrache

Which attributes are you checking in the application modeller? Maybe the problem is that you have active the ​"Web Page Address" and this changes every day when you refresh the page.

And, did you considered to use Google Chrome to work with Teams? Or use the DX Assets that Eric shared with us? 

Hope this helps you

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid