cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS - ISOSEC & Listener

shaunreed1
Level 3

Hi,

We are new to automation within the NHS and seeking some support.

We have one process running hourly which was pre-built for us and we have since found that the process terminates in the early hours. This appears to be down to a couple of issues one more frequent than the other whereby we have a listener that needs to be active to keep the virtual worker connected. We are seeing this on a regular bases disconnect and therefore the process terminates.   We also have ISOSEC iO identity agent which has a max limit time out of 12 hours, an hour before this time we get a 1 hour warning pop up.

General thoughts are for us to create an automated process to close ISOSEC and re-log in and also to check that the listener is active and if not, to then activate it with a view to prevent the terminations we are seeing. As we build more automations this will become a bigger issue.

Does anyone know of any pre-existing process for this that we could tap into?

------------------------------
shaun reed
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Shaun,

Just food for thought: do you have the Login Agent running in your Blue Prism environment?

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-0/en-us/Guides/login-agent/login-agent.htm?tocpath=Guides%7CLogin%20Agent%7C_____0

I'm speculating that perhaps getting a refreshed Windows session might mitigate the issues you highlighted. The Login Agent comes with a pre-built Login and Logout process that you could schedule to run before and after your hourly process.

Charles Kovacs
Developer Consultant
Blue Prism
America/Chicago
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

KieranJohnson2
Level 3
Hi Shaun,

Did you resolve this issue?

Kieran Johnson

Hi Kieran,

I currently work in the same NHS trust as Shaun did so am aware of the issues with the process.

The issues are still persisting but we have narrowed it down to being an issue with Automate.EXE crashing as to why the VPC disconnects and goes into a Missing status. 

We have tried various things which have made this a less frequent occurrence such as running our windows updates manually inside of core hours, changing the schedule which it runs on to outside of that of the weekly reboot of the platform. ISOSEC does have issues logging in when we restart this process but we believe this is down to the automation and not ISOSEC as previously speculated.

At the moment we are looking at the possibility of a database linked to the platform holding too much information at one time as the process runs a high volume of items daily we think the overloading of that database could potentially be what is causing Automate.EXE to crash and putting our worker into a missing status,

Hope this helps!

Jamie McPake 

Jamie Leigh McPake

Jamie McPake RPA Analyst & Developer Digital Technical Services Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust

Hi Jamie,

We occasionally experience similar issues so it would be great to see how your solution works.

We do have a pretty robust login process for the VSCs that might help. Send me an email and I can share that with you.

It would be great to establish a network of NHS Developers to help with issues like this in the future. 

Kind Regards

Kieran Johnson

I believe our customer success manager Mariella mentioned a potential meeting of NHS Trusts in our local area so hopefully that will link a few more of us up. I've sent you an email with more details 🙂

Thanks,

Jamie McPake
Jamie McPake RPA Analyst & Developer Digital Technical Services Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust

JamieMcPake
Level 5

Just to update on this thread:

Clearing our work queue has resolved this problem. We now export our data into a CSV to keep track of worked cases.

Our process no longer terminates and worker no longer goes into a missing state. 

Thanks,

Jamie McPake