cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Reports VBO on DX

I was looking for Queue Reports VBO on DX but could not locate it.

Though I was able to find it in one of the developer jumpstart here.

Since it is not on DX so thought to raise a query here about the same.

Is it safe to use this VBO or not.

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Tejaskumar,

I would recommend you have a process that will use the 'Get Report Data Action from Default Work Queue VBO' to get the specific queue data into the collection and then you can write the collection data into an excel file and save it.
Whenever you need a queue report you can run the process and you can also schedule it as per your requirement this will make our job simple and easy as there are multiple Input data you can specify to get daily queue reports.

5940.png
Thank you,
Chirag Patel.
(IgniteIPA)

Chirag Patel

@ewilson I agree that it'd be a good idea too implement the conversion of the collection into JSON. However, I would suggest, in case you weren't already going to do this, making the default functionality mimic what it was doing before so that outputs are consistent. But a flag input to include collections in the output seems like it'd work well so that people could opt in to that collection output.

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks @Dave Morris. The new VBO has been posted to the DX. We've added a flag to the Get Data From Items action that allows you to control whether embedded Collections are ignored or not. The default value is True which means they will be ignored (same functionality as what was previously supported). If you're calling this action directly, as opposed to it being called as an action within one of the other actions, you can set that​ flag to False and the output Collection will include the embedded Collections as actual BP Collections instead of JSON. I think that will make things easier for anyone who may want to iterate those embedded Collections.

The actions that generate the actual reports continue to function as they did previously meaning embedded Collections are ignored.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange