cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint VBO?

AjishChandrabab
Level 3
All, Is there a SharePoint VBO available with Blue Prism? if so, where can I download it from ? Thanks Ajish
24 REPLIES 24

Is this all on the same sharepoint? If so, just make a drive mapping to the highest-level directory and go from there. Treat it like you would any other drive or directory.

------------------------------
Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

Hi Ami ,

Thanks for the response. No, its not the same share point location. I was aware we can navigate from the highest level directory to different  sub directory or sub folders bu I was not sure how we can do if we have some thing like 90 or 100 totally different or unrelated URL's. because  I think there is some limit like 24 or 25 drivers only we were able to create in one machine.

Harish
RPA Developer

If you really have that many different locations, that's an unusually obscene number. You may just have to teach the bot to use the web interface at that point.

Alternatively, rather than setting up shared drives, you could probably pass the path to a modified version of the script above to make it connect, then use BP's file actions to reach the path.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

I know this has been some time but I am trying to upload a folder from a local machine to a sharepoint folder. When I navigate to the folder in my file explorer it works, but if I give that sharepoint filepath to blueprism for standard file management utility, it doesn't seem to find it.

What do you mean by 'mapping' a sharepoint folder to be a network drive? Do I need to do something specific for that? Hope you can help. 

Nanne van der Wal
Advisor
EY
Europe/Amsterdam

You could use Symbolic links to map network drives. This could be useful if you have used all the 26 mapped drives.

https://superuser.com/questions/210824/creating-a-symbolic-link-to-mapped-network-drive-in-windows 

Sandeep Nalla
Senior Consultant
Lateetud Inc
America/New_York

@AmiBarrett Can you please share the entire batch script to make this work, the challenge  i am facing is when ever i restart my citrix vda's I am loosing connection to that mapped shared drive.

Sourabh Das
Tech Arch/Tech Lead
Wipro Limited
Asia/Kolkata

The code I previously shared is the entire batch file. Is there something not working on it for you?

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Do you have a solution for retrieving SharePoint List Items?

Faraz Ahmed Hussain Mohammed

Hi, You can download the sharepoint VBO from DX and try it out.

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

​To Accomplish this on one of our projects, we used Utility - HTTP > HTTP Request. Then convert JSON to Collection with Utility - JSON. This has been very reliable.

Billy Marsh
Delivery Lead
Computershare
America/Denver