cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint VBO?

AjishChandrabab
Level 3
All, Is there a SharePoint VBO available with Blue Prism? if so, where can I download it from ? Thanks Ajish
24 REPLIES 24

@VivekGoel @BillyMarsh​​ - Kindly suggest if above VBO or HTTP utility will be able to download file or upload file to share point as well?

------------------------------
Mayank Goyal

Hi everyone,

The SharePoint Skill on DX suggested by @VivekGoel should solve this problem. It's pretty well-documented but you'll need the help of your organization's SharePoint administrators in order to generate API keys and set it up. Once that's done, you can use it to download and upload files to SharePoint. This should be a much more robust and stable solution than mapping the SharePoint drive or synchronizing with OneDrive.

Cheers!

Sam Assaf
Senior
EY
Montreal QC

Hi Ami,

I mapped the drive to a local drive but now I am faced with any other issue when I try to open the workbook.

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

I copied the excel to a local folder and ran with the process without any issue.

How should I solve this? Thanks!

Kent

Kent Liu

There's since been mention of a Sharepoint skill on the DX. Have you had a chance to test that out?

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I used the BluePrism File utility to copy files from/to SharePoint, I also experienced the issue that the file was not found.

I opened the SharePoint folder in Internet Explorer and changed to Classic Experience. In the Library tab items I pressed the button "Open with Explorer". In the Explorer window I hold the Shift key and did a right click on one of the files. In the context menu I pressed "copy as path". This gave me something like

"\\xxx.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\sites\xxx\xxx.pdf"

When using this in the File utility instead of the URL shown in the browser, I could download/upload files succesfully.

Reiner Volbers