cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Read Mails from Shared Mailbox in Outlook

MohammedNissarK
Level 3

Dear Team,

Getting below error while trying to read mails from shared mailbox in Outlook. Can someone help me to resolve this issue?

MohammedNissarK_2-1721372349607.png

MohammedNissarK_0-1721372063894.png

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6

MohammedNissarK
Level 3

@ewilson - Could you please help me to resolve the mentioned issue while reading mails from shared mailbox in outlook?

Regards,

Hi @MohammedNissarK 

It seems that may be an issue with the configuration of the shared mailbox. Based on my research, here are a few things you can try:

1. Check Instant Search Settings:

2. Rebuild the Search Index:

• Sometimes rebuilding the search index can resolve issues. In Outlook, go to File > Options > Search > Indexing Options > Advanced, and then click Rebuild. Confirm and let the process complete2.

Cheers,
Eric

Hi @ewilson 

I have completed the 2nd point (Rebuild the Search Index) and got same error. Regarding the 1st point, I don't find any steps to enable instant search in outlook settings with the provided link so can you please help me with the exact steps to enable Instant Search? 

Regards,

@MohammedNissarK what is selected in your search options?

ewilson_0-1722436266561.png

ewilson_2-1722436820205.png

Hi @ewilson - FYI, I have 3 mailboxes out of which 2 are shared mailboxes and have created 2 sub folders under each shared mailbox. Also, I've set up a rule to copy mails from Inbox to the sub folders for both the shared mailboxes. Getting below error while trying to read mails from shared mailbox in Outlook. Below are the options selected under search options. Also, I was able to search the emails with respective keywords and getting the results as well for both the mailboxes manually but still getting that indexing/instant search enable error.

MohammedNissarK_0-1722496668382.png

MohammedNissarK_1-1722496806718.png

Regards,

MohammedNissarK
Level 3

Hi @ewilson - Request you to provide any solution to resolve this issue.

Regards,