cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Queue - Triggers

PeterSloboda
Level 2

Hi community,

I have created Interact use-case and as default trigger, I was using Schedule (every 5 mins run) to check Interact Queue for new Queue Items to process. This is causing unfortunately lot of unnecessary runs (even though they are short), when Interact Queue doesn't contain new Queue Items. 

I've also tested the Active Queue feature, but I am unable to auto-trigger selected process after new Queue Item was added. I can only manually trigger it via buttons from Control Room.

Based on reply from John Carter (SS&C TEAM) in this topic from 2018 Active Queue Topic from 2018, I have understood, that the functionality of auto-trigger is planned.

Now to my questions:
1. Is auto-trigger functionality implemented into Active Queue?
a) If yes, how to achieve it?
b) If no, is there a better way to check for newly added Queue Items then Schedule?

Thanks,
Peter

5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

Disappointingly this essential functionality never was developed even though it was announced as coming on stage many years ago.   My understanding is that the functionality to do what you want is still on the roadmap somewhere,  most likely to be provided in the browser control room available in hub. 

In the interim there are some solutions on the Digital Exchange that can do something close to what you want to do (Blue Prism Digital Exchange)

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Peter,

If you're asking for a trigger based run then the answer is no from my knowledge Blue prism doesn't have it's own trigger based runs yet in place. As suggested by Denis we would need to use DX components as of now for trigger based runs.

If you're looking for how to set up Active Queues and their functionality here is the documentation Active Queues Documentation when you create an Active Queue and assign a pool(group of resources/machines) for it soon after any item getting added to the Queue it triggers the process that is associated to the pool, but for adding items to the Queue you need a scheduled run again.

For checking newly added items in the Queue you can use the filters that are present in Control Room Queue view

35820.png

35821.png

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

We don't have Auto-trigger in Active Queue at this moment.

Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

PeterSloboda
Level 2

@Denis Dennehy I am familiar with DRM, but it is not what I am looking for, since you still have to have infinite loop, so basically in my case doesn't matter if DRM or simple schedule is used

@Devendran Venkatesh when you wrote "at this moment", do you know when auto-trigger to active queue should be implemented?

Walter.Koller
Level 11

During the past years using Blue Prism we came several times to the point when we would be happy to use such feature but eventually had to solve it differently. 

There is now an idea for enhancement submitted to the Ideation Portal:

Idea Details - Blue Prism Community Site