cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis For Office Excel Launch Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to develop a process that opens an analysis for office (AO) enabled excel file and then refresh the data through a HANA connection. I created a new object in the object studio that uses the Bi launcher to launch the AO enabled excel file (see exhibit A attached). When I launch in the object studio the AO enabled excel instance and file opens as expected. The issue I'm having is when I create a process where I use the same AO enabled object to open a new excel instance / excel file. For some reason, the file that I open through the process studio opens in the normal non-AO enabled excel format. I have noticed that while looking at the task manager, I see that when I run the create excel instance in the object studio, a "BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe *32" pops up and then disappears, resulting in the AO enabled file opening as expected (Exhibit B). When I run through the process studio, this "BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe *32" never pops up, resulting in the opening of the normal non-AO file opening. Exhibit C attached shows my process studio flow that I am using that results in the Non-AO file opening. My current theory is that the code in the Create Instance object (Exhibit D) is somehow overriding the program when I run it in the process studio and that I need to change the highlighted item in Exhibit D. The problem is I have no idea what I would need to change it to - already tried unsuccessfully to change to "BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe *32". Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ryan
0 REPLIES 0