cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Server Failover

pors924s
Level 3
Hi team,

This feels like it would be a pretty common question but I am having trouble finding anyone who has implemented this or even a write-up on how to install/configure a second Application Server as a back-up. I did find this document, https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-9/en-us/Guides/Installing/multiple-cohosted-app-servers.htm, which in the second image seems to have a load-balancing set-up or as I have read can be referred to as active active. I am looking rather to have an active passive setup(although still interested in active active as well). When one application server goes down, the other application server on standby can take its place. Is it really as simple as following the guide (BP App Server Installation Guide) for 2 separate app servers? My only question at that point is, how do you route the traffic from the failing server to the backup server? Would love your knowledge and resources for me to look into.

Thank you,

Andrew Castillo
1 REPLY 1

expertcr
Staff
Staff
The load balancer will take care of that part.  This is not part of Blue Prism, so you will need to check the documentation of that service separately.

We have the following document (Load Balancing Reference Guide) to help you with this: "The guide introduces the key concepts involved in load balancing, the deployment options, and the implications for the Blue Prism application operation."