cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach to MS Edge working when run in Object Studio but failing when run from Process Studio

DelTabatabaie
Level 2

Hello BP community,

I hope you can help me because I am well and truly baffled!

I have an Attach to MS Edge action which works fine when run in Object Studio, but keeps failing to attach when the exact same action is run from Process Studio!

The Edge browser is open and ready, so it's not a problem of timing. 

Has anyone ever encountered this before? What potential remedies could I try? Thank you!

------------------------------
Del Tabatabaie
4 REPLIES 4

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10
Hello,

What error is the operation resulting in?

Regards

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

Here is the error: ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach' - More than one application matched the criteria

But there is only one instance of MS Edge open.

Del Tabatabaie

This issue was resolved by implementing a kill Edge action prior to attach to end any ghost instances of Edge running in the background which were stopping BP from honing in on just the instance in the foreground.

Del Tabatabaie

This error can occur if more than one instance of the browser is active. Are you trying to perform the attach from an already open page or after launching it? If you're attempting to attach after launching the browser, that step may be unnecessary.

If it's for a page that was already open, it's recommended to provide not only the name of the MS Edge process but also the title of the window in question. Additionally, defining the index parameter may help if necessary.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer."
Wagner Vasconcelos - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Brazil
If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]