cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Archiving

SergioSampietro
Level 3
Hi all,

I'm setting the auto-archiving of  BP log table older than 4 months, I would like to know when this process runs.
I know that the RR where I set-up this configuration must be free from other running process but, when does this task is executed?
Every day? So every day BP checks and archive logs older than 4 months?

Thanks
Sergio
3 REPLIES 3

PSSupport
Staff
Staff
Hi Sergio - there is no defined time for auto-archiving. From the product help: It causes a registered, running resource to check periodically throughout the day for any session logs that ended before a specified date/time and archive/delete them if such are found. Basically the RR assigned with the archiving duty will make regular (exactly how often I don't know) check to see if anything needs archiving, and if there is, it will start archiving.

The best option with archiving is to enable it straight away, and not to let the DB fill up for a long time. If you enable archiving early, then probably the most the RR will need to do is 1 day of data. If you only enable archiving after a long time, then there will probably be a massive amount of data to move.

------------------------------
PS Support
PS Support Account for all of Professional Services
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi,

thanks for your reply, is there any chance to see when and how many times the auto-archiving process has run, for example, yesterday?

The Windows event log should have entries when the archiver ran:
16041.png
And the timestamps in the folder structure where data is exported to should illustrate when archiving was performed.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism