cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Hangs while opening process or Action State

GaneshShenoy
Level 2
HI, While opening an Action and process state in the processes, BP hangs. Have anyone seen such a behavior? Due to this once I double click or open the property of an Action state or a process state, BP just processes and the wait icon appears. My installation is on Windows 10 and SQL Server Express 2016.. Toady I noticed that it hangs while trying to print the page. I somehow think this could be a DB issue. Could it be? Please suggest. Regards Ganesh Shenoy
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I am not sure what you mean by opening a 'process state' - but I have never seen the hanging you suggest when opening an action properties or selecting to view an action in object studio.

GaneshShenoy
Level 2
I noticed that it hangs while trying to print the page as well. I somehow think this could be a DB issue? What common between Action, Process and Printing that these gets hung in my installation of BP? Any expert comments please...

GaneshShenoy
Level 2
Identified the Root Cause of the issue that started this email chain and issue fixed Root Cause: It was a printer set-up! The laptop had a default printer which was not active in the network I was on. Resolution: Changed the default printer to ""Print to PDF"" and Issue is resolved.

Hi Denis, Identified the Root Cause of the issue and fixed Root Cause: It was a printer set-up! The laptop had a default printer which was not active in the network I was on. Resolution: Changed the default printer to ""Print to PDF"" and Issue is resolved.