cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Server Service doesnt start properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, When I am trying to start the "Blue Prism Server" service ,it gives an error saying "The service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs." Any suggestions on what can be done here?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Mainak,

One thing I have found very effective is to start the App Server interactively by using BPServer.exe, the same utility you would use to configure your App Server. All logs will be displayed to you on the spot in a log window, allow real-time troubleshooting.

If you are using any account to run the service, may consider start the BPServer.exe using that account so that account (permission) related issues can be ruled out. This can be done by hold down SHIFT key and right click BPServer.exe, then select "Run as a different user" from the context menu.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------
Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi mainakb - check the Windows event log under Applications and Services > Blue Prism, often it will provide information. Often the error lies in the BP Server configuration, or in the inability of the windows service user account to communicate with the DB.

VivekGoel
Level 10
I believe you are using SSO based authentication for SQL Server.   Open the Service, Go to Logon Tab. Map the Network credentials and then restart the service. It should work.

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Mainak,

One thing I have found very effective is to start the App Server interactively by using BPServer.exe, the same utility you would use to configure your App Server. All logs will be displayed to you on the spot in a log window, allow real-time troubleshooting.

If you are using any account to run the service, may consider start the BPServer.exe using that account so that account (permission) related issues can be ruled out. This can be done by hold down SHIFT key and right click BPServer.exe, then select "Run as a different user" from the context menu.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney