cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism terminating automatically while working

Vijay_KumarMata
Level 3
Hi,

I'm not sure why BluePrism is terminating automatically while working which will result in doing that chages/code again. can anyone let me know why it is closing?

------------------------------
Vijay Kumar Matampalli
System Engineer
Fidelity Information Services
Indian/Christmas
9 REPLIES 9

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

Can you be more specific?
Does a process/object on Studio terminate or a process on Control Room terminate?

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Hi,

Thanks for your email!!

It's in process studio while debugging the code BluePrism is terminated without any prior pop-up.

Vijay Kumar Matampalli
System Engineer
Indian/Christmas

Can you describe what you were doing when it occurred? Like, were you in Application Modeller? Were you stepping over an action? Were you dividing by zero? 😉

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi David,

Thanks for your email!!!

We spied in application modeler and changed few attributes and while testing the code Blueprism closed.

Vijay Kumar Matampalli
System Engineer
Indian/Christmas

Hey, please provide below details to investigate further.

What is the process all about 
What stage it terminate 
if that stage is Action stae, please give details of object like type of application,operation performed  in the action.

Narayan Shrawagi
Senior Consultant
T systems India private limited
Europe/London
Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thanks for your reply.

It is not at specific page/stage sometime it got into exception stage and while we try to stepin/stepover or reset it's getting disconnected.

Vijay Kumar Matampalli
System Engineer
Indian/Christmas

Hasn't this been an ongoing issue with Blue Prism directly related to the work environment? For example when stepping through a process or debugging the program will unexpectedly hit a time out exception labeled: Out of memory exception. It may have something to do with the stack on the backend, but just taking stabs here.
Andrew Randolph
Analyst
Accenture
America/New_York

SaumitraSharma
Level 4
Hi,

The reason is you have unchecked any of the attribute which is required or missing the attribute for the element hence when bot is going to execute that step bot is not finding the element and after some wait BP will terminate or close automatically.

Saumitra Sharma
Consultant
EY
Indian/Christmas

Blue Prism crashes on me as well periodically, but it sounds like this is happening often for you. I'd say BP crashes for me maybe once a week.

The first thing I think you should do is submit a ticket to Blue Prism by either emailing support@blueprism.com or by contacting your account manager who can get you hooked up with the right person to troubleshoot the issue. You may want someone to investigate and ask questions about your network or security or whatever else.

But for now, some things to consider... Blue Prism is a 32bit app so you gotta be gentle with it. 😃 And sometimes it seems that Windows will make you think that Blue Prism is not responding whenever you're stepping over stages especially when that stage is doing a lot of things or manipulating a huge collection. So, be sure that when you step over stages, you only click the step over button one time and wait until the next stage is highlighted before you click again. You can tell that you're clicking too fast especially when you get a crash or when you receive the error that's something like "cannot make recursive call blah blah". It also seems that you really can't do anything else in BP while a stage is running so I would avoid doing any clicks at all while it is doing so (this doesn't apply to control room runs on your machine). One thing we've done is changed our save frequency to 1 minute so that you don't lose as much work as with the default 10 minutes. I imagine this could be negatively impacted if all users are doing this, so you could just change the save frequency on the specific objects that seem to cause crashes.

Really though, I'd get Blue Prism personnel on a call quick because that kind of stuff shouldn't happen.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA