cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Mode Spy method

GavinRudling
Level 7
Good Day Team

Does anyone know why every now and again we lose the Browser Spy method. When Spying we can select the browser mode using the Alt key But we are unable to highlight any elements on the page.
We also find that our processes suddenly start failing on the elements spied with the browser mode. When we investigate, we cannot access the the elements in the application modeler using browser mode.
This we are finding in our BPC platform and on our local Dev machines. All machines are using Blue Prism 6.10.1 or 6.10.2

------------------------------
Gavin Rudling
Digital Consultant & Developer
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Gavin, this is a know issue in all versions since the first update after Chromium interaction was implemented into BP.

Supposedly it got solved in 7.0, but I cannot tell, as we are still using 6.4.

Basically, BP uses a certain port for connecting with Chrome, but it does not close it after interacting with it. The connection remains open and the next time BP tries to connect with Chrome, the port appears locked so (I guess) it attempts a new connection and there the elements are not available, as the previous connection, which was not closed, is still using them.

Ramón Requena López
RPA Developer
Magenta Telekom

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Gavin, this is a know issue in all versions since the first update after Chromium interaction was implemented into BP.

Supposedly it got solved in 7.0, but I cannot tell, as we are still using 6.4.

Basically, BP uses a certain port for connecting with Chrome, but it does not close it after interacting with it. The connection remains open and the next time BP tries to connect with Chrome, the port appears locked so (I guess) it attempts a new connection and there the elements are not available, as the previous connection, which was not closed, is still using them.

Ramón Requena López
RPA Developer
Magenta Telekom

Thank you Ramón for your values information. Much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Gavin