cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not open target process

JariKarlsson
Level 2

Hello,

Recently updated to BP 7.3.1 and updated the browser extension for Chrome to 7.3 as well.

Ever since then any time my process needs to restart the chrome browser, when it tries to relaunch it it runs into this error.

JariKarlsson_0-1720808536207.png

I have already went through the troubleshooting steps on the blue prism support which seems to suggest it is a UAC issue (it isnt).

Anybody else have any ideas for how to fix this? It doesn't happen when I first launch chrome only after I have to restart it.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JariKarlsson 

Im assuming its ms edge chrome and not google chrome? if so it might be that the browser doesn't close completely. If you let the bot close chrome and then check the task manager you'll see there are still some instances of chrome running. Try using the utility - Environment > Read memory stats to get the list of running chrome instances, then loop through the collection and use the action Kill Process for each instance in the collection. Then try relaunching chrome through the bot and see if it launches successfully.

arghya.b
Level 6

Hi @JariKarlsson ,

Try to close chrome/Browser by force kill method(/f). and then before opening browser provide some cooling time like 5 sec in between. And see if it works.

-->