cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Process

JatinGambhir
Level 2
We deployed a process and an object(say X), two instances of process got created, we deleted the duplicate process but this in turn deleted one object(say Y) which we did not deploy at this moment but was already present... Now when we are checking the process and object(X) its showing validation errors stating object is missing...when we are again deploying the missing object(Y) still errors are not going
10 REPLIES 10

Well, Jatin, with all due respect what do you expect from this community to help you with? Your description is so generic that I can't give you any advice. If you can post pictures of error message, picture proving that the business object is part of the environment, dependencies of the process then may be we can help. Some hints - did you check properly the names - typos are dangerous. When you check dependencies of the process you will see what is missing.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Sounds like you've got processes with the same name but different IDs.You can see the ID in the BPAProcess table, or you can export the process as XML and take a look in Notepad.

david.l.morris
Level 14
So, I'll admit that I just learned this. You can right click on the duplicate object/process reference and click 'Remove From Group'. If there is already a reference to the object/process in another folder, it will simply remove the reference that you just clicked on. If there is no other reference to it (that is, there is no duplicate), it will place an object/process reference in the Default folder. Kudos to my co-worker for noticing this option. I've spent an obscene number of hours working and playing in Blue Prism and never noticed this before. I also assumed it would require an operation on the database tables. That does work too of course. You can delete the duplicate entry in the table called something like BPAGroupProcess.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Whilst we're all sharing our guilt, it's only recently I also saw that a process can belong to more than one group (CTRL drag), and I think it's been around since before multi-team. But other than in a multi-team set up, I can't see why you'd want to arrange your processes/objects like that.

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
.... MIND = BLOWN

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Indeed Ben, it was a WTF moment for me too. Not sure why our developers thought that would be useful.

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
On the subject of bizarre 'features', new topic in the forum. You can view any password including any credentials in a process by casting a password data item into a text data item. https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/tech-chat/general-blue-prism-discussion/password-gets-reflected-text-data-item The ever knowledgable David Morris explains the reasons why this is the case but it still seems crazy to me that it's possible at all.

Hi All,

I have duplicated processes/objects and they seem to have same ids because when I export the one process/object, another process/object is also selected.
How can I remove one from group and keep another?

------------------------------
Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Duplicates can be removed by right click on one of them and chose 'remove from group'. This will just remove the entry from the group but keeps the other object reference untouched.

This behavior is a serious issue for us.
Combined with the half-baked restrictions implementation it is possible to overcome the whole multi-team security. 😞

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna