cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Issues while Running Blue Prism RPA on Ryzen 9 Laptop

JessicaShepherd
Level 2

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a new laptop with a Ryzen 9 laptop[ https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/ryzen-9-gaming-laptop/] processor, and I've been encountering some difficulties while trying to run Blue Prism RPA (Robotic Process Automation) on it. I was wondering if anyone else has faced a similar issue and if there are any solutions or workarounds available.

Here are the details of my laptop:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9

RAM: 16 GB

Operating System: Windows 10

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I try to launch Blue Prism, it either fails to start or crashes shortly after opening. I have checked the system requirements, and my laptop meets all the specifications mentioned by Blue Prism.

I have tried reinstalling Blue Prism, updating my graphics drivers, and ensuring that all the necessary prerequisites are installed, but the issue persists. I even reached out to Blue Prism support, but their response hasn't been very helpful so far.

I'm curious if anyone has encountered a similar problem, specifically with Blue Prism I appreciate any insights or suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------------------
Jessica Shepherd
1 REPLY 1

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for being a SS&C Blue Prism customer and for using Blue Prism.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your new laptop.

Can you let us know what version of Blue Prism you are working with? V6 or V7 and if 7, 32 or 64 bit?

Something else that might help is if you have any Event log information from the computer, relating to Blue Prism, it should be available under the Application node.

regards

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism