cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to save email from sharedinbox

ANJALIKHANDELWA
Level 2

Hi, 

My outlook is configured with Shared Inbox [ Name@companyname.com ] with Inbox as Subfolder . 

I am trying to save mail from "inbox" folder to the network drive by using MS Outlook VBO and action as "Save Email" .

I am getting below error : Could not execute code stage .  

31298.png

However , when save email is executed on primary outlook profile bot is running fine as expected . 

Is this an issue with shared folder ? How can it be fixed ?

------------------------------
ANJALI KHANDELWAL
6 REPLIES 6

HI Anjali, I hope everything is well.

Strange error; I've never encountered this before. Can you save the email to a local folder? If so, considering any restrictions in saving directly to the shared inbox, the approach of initially saving to a local folder and then moving it to the network directory using the VBO File Management utility can be an effective alternative solution.

I hope this helps resolve the issue. If you have more information about the configuration or specific error messages, I'd be happy to provide further assistance.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer."
Wagner Vasconcelos
Analista de Inteligência Operacional Sênior
Grupo Casas Bahia
America/Recife

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

harish.m
MVP

HI anjali Khandelwal,

I  had faced similar issue in the past, as mentioned by other member I think  to work around this issue is saving the file  in local folder and move the file to network drive from there.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Thank you, I will try to save to local folder first. Also, do I need to make shared inbox as default or primary account?

ANJALI KHANDELWAL

You can proceed regardless of making the shared inbox the default or primary account. As long as the name of the shared inbox is passed as a parameter, the process should work correctly. However, if you'd like to simplify, making it the primary account can facilitate some interactions.

The choice depends on the specific needs of your workflow.

Wagner Vasconcelos
Analista de Inteligência Operacional Sênior
Grupo Casas Bahia
America/Recife

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

I am still getting the same error. Tried passing the local folder path (I cannot pass the name of sharedinbox as parameter is not available)

Outlook Shared Inbox : 

31292.png

Outlook VBO SaveAs

31293.png

You think this could be due to settings or is the outlook folder structure ?

ANJALI KHANDELWAL

How strange! It seems to be related to the settings. What error message are you receiving when executing this step in the flow? And regarding your main inbox, does the process work correctly in it?

Wagner Vasconcelos - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Brazil