cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Release Error - Object Reference not set - Actions.xml SAPElements.xml

flavio.lara
Level 5
Hello Everybody!

We are facing a problem when importing releases with specific Business Objects.
These objects use expanded SAP actions (that We have added to Actions.xml and SAPElements.xml files).

In my DEV machine was everything OK, but when I try to import the object or release in Quality environment I receive the error below. 

28477.png
I would like to know what is the procedure when we expand SAP function library. The oficial Blue Prism document doesn't give the instructions to deploy the modifications.

Should I copy the modified files (Actions.xml and SAPElements.xml) to all runtime resources and applications servers to avoid the error?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

------------------------------
Flávio Lara
System Analyst - RPA Developer
Vallourec Tubos do Brasil
America/Belo Horizonte
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

flavio.lara
Level 5
Hi,

Just to share, the solution was to deploy the "Actions.xml" and "SapElements.xml" files in all infrastructure (runtime resources and application server).
After that, restart BluePrism Server service in Application Server and the listener in the runtimes.

Best regards,

Flavio Lara

Flávio Lara
System Analyst
America/Sao_PauloBrazil

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

flavio.lara
Level 5
Hi,

Just to share, the solution was to deploy the "Actions.xml" and "SapElements.xml" files in all infrastructure (runtime resources and application server).
After that, restart BluePrism Server service in Application Server and the listener in the runtimes.

Best regards,

Flavio Lara

Flávio Lara
System Analyst
America/Sao_PauloBrazil

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

When you expanded the standard VBOs, did you use Code Stage and use additional DLLs?
If so, you need to add those DLLs on the installation directory of Quality Environment also.

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Hi Tetsuji!

We didn't change any VBO. We only have added new options to Actions.xml and SAPElements.xml files. Once we did that , now we have new options in "Execute" / "Read" / "Write" stage types.

But I understood your point, when we use new DLLs we need to deploy them also in QA and PRD environments.

Thanks for your answer!

Best regards!

Flávio Lara
System Analyst
America/Sao_PauloBrazil

Hi,

You might want to check out "How do I fix "An error occurred while attempting to import the release" when trying to import a .BPRELEASE file?": https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Operational-Support/Administration/Releases/1136082542/How-do-I-fix-An-error-occurred-while-attempting-to-import-the-release-when-try...

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo