cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s

RichardLoughins
Level 4
I'm trying to get a worksheet as a collection, but whenever I run the action, I get the following error: "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s" Has anyone come across this before and know how to resolve it?  I've used this action countless times before and never came across this error.  In fact, the first couple of times that I used it on this particular process it worked fine, but has only now stopped working, even though nothing has changed.  
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi,

It could occur when another user/resource is using the clipboard at the same time that the action runs.
https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/EXCEL/1323720772/Why-do-I-get-Value-cannot-be-null-Parameter-name-s-error-when-using-the-MS...

Hope this helps.

------------------------------
Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AlexanderPugh
Level 3
What VBO and Actions are you using? What inputs are you passing in?  If it's the provided MS Excel VBO, have you made any changes to it? Have you changed anything in the Resource environment? I've had no end of trouble using the MS Excel VBO and have just wholesale rebuilt it. However, if I'm merely getting data out or putting data in an Excel Worksheet I always just use the OLEDB VBO. Its much much more stable.

IanBlackburn1
Level 3
We're getting the same issue.  Works fine for some case but occasionally throws this out.  We've tried adding wait stages thinking it was a response issue but that's not had any impact, though some instances it does it does work for, so try that.  If anyone as any other ideas please let me know.

Ian Blackburn
Head of Intelligent Automation
Opus Energy
Europe/London

Hi,

It could occur when another user/resource is using the clipboard at the same time that the action runs.
https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/EXCEL/1323720772/Why-do-I-get-Value-cannot-be-null-Parameter-name-s-error-when-using-the-MS...

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Were you able to find a resolution for your issue? I'm experiencing the same and looking for some input.

Manager Accounting Projects
Ulta Beauty