cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer SAVE AS button

MáriaBojová
Level 3
Is there any way how to realiably spy SAVE AS window in Internet Explorer while saving a document? Or any ideas how to SAVE something under specific name? I want to avoid renaming the file.   Many thanks Maria
13 REPLIES 13

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
https://help.blueprism.com/1137366762   (How do I interact with the Save or Save As dialog box in Internet Explorer? - from the official BluePrism help page ?)

Gadekal__Rao
Level 3
Hi, Click on down arrow from your image, and then send ""Global send keys"" - ""{RIGHT}"", ""{DOWN}"" and ""{ENTER}"". It will click on ""save as"" option.   Good Luck.

Surya_TejaSaman
Level 3
Hi,    Click on Down Arrow button, and Spy small Pop up(Save, Save As & Save and open) in Win32 Mode. Give the attribute values for that element as Visible: True Enabled: True Class Name: #32768 Match Index: 1   Pass this element into Navigate stage and select action as ""Global Mouse Click Center"". This clicks exactly on the center of the popup i.e, ""Save As"" :)  

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Hi, I'm using BP version 6.3 and I'm having trouble spying the save dialog box itself, the box cannot be spied at all no matter what spying mode I'm using, I can't spy the dialog box, save button or any element within the box. I've used BP 5 previously and was able to interact with this box and save button no problem. Any ideas as to why this might be? Is this a 6.3 quirk? Kind Regards, Paul.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
A trick that can sometimes help is to make sure the main IE window is not maximised, then manually position the popup so that it's not fully contained within the main window. Then try and spy it. Don't ask me why, but sometimes the spying doesn't 'see' a child window that's contained within the parent. Fortunately, once you've spied the pop up, it can be found whether it's inside or outside.

PaulCurran1
Level 4
The box itself is located within the IE window and I can't position it anywhere other than within that window. See screenshot.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
OK, didn't realise it was that one. Try attaching to the other iexplore.exe (using Child Index) and you should be able to get at that popup with a mix of Win32 and AA.

PaulCurran1
Level 4
I can't attach using child index without getting already connected message, even if I detach then reattach using child index I can't interact with that popup no matter what I try.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Launch IE manually and bring it to the point where the popup is showing. Then attach. It should work - I've automated the same popup previously.