cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balancing Capability of Blueprism Application servers

NagarajanHarida
Level 2
Hello All We are trying to setup a Blueprism infrastructure with 2 application servers and DB in backend tier. So curious to know is there a possibility that we can load balance the two application servers using an existing load balancer ( i.e; Cisco or Netscalar Physical Load balancer ). For e.g the communication form BOT machines will hit on TCP 8199 on Load balancer Virtual IP and it can re-direct to any one of the Application servers ? Does Blueprism support Load balancing of application servers ? If doesn't what is the High availability / failover mechanism in case one Application server gets failed or goes down ? Regards Naga
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
As far as I am aware if one of your two applicaiton servers fails you will need to repoint all your robots that were pointing to the failed server to the one that is still working. This is not automatic, but the connection configuration can done easily via a pre-prepared script - look at the Command Line Options in the product help for an explanation of how that can be done. Running scripts on your VMs will either have to be done manually on each VM, or depending upon the VM tools you are using can be ran via your VM toolset (I know VMWare has the ability to run scipts on the VMs).