cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook Email VBO, Blue Prism 6.8

JiriHlucil
Level 4
HI, 
I refer to the information that the "MS Outlook Email VBO" object supplied with the Blue Prism 6.8 is able to e read and sent emails from a shared mailbox.
As I see all Get Received/Sent items actions contain optional parametr "Shared Mailbox". 
However, the Send email action does not contain this parameter. How am I supposed to understand that? How do I set up sending email from a shared mailbox instead of default mailbox.?

Thank you for answer.
Jiri

------------------------------
Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Jiri,

The feature did not make the cut for v6.8. While having the object open, copy and paste the XML found in the attached file and then paste into it. This should create a copy of "Send Email" action that has the feature you requested there.

Hope it helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Jiri,

The feature did not make the cut for v6.8. While having the object open, copy and paste the XML found in the attached file and then paste into it. This should create a copy of "Send Email" action that has the feature you requested there.

Hope it helps.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi, Bruce, thank you for your help. The "Send Email" action already has the required functionality thanks to your shared xml.
Jiri

Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague

Dears,
we started actively testing the MS Outlook VBO object released with Blue Prism 6.8. 
In the Send, Move, and all Get Received/Sent actions "Account Display Name" input parametr has been added. What is its purpose?
Thank you for answer.
Jiri

Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague

Hi Jiri,

"Account Display Name" was introduced to enable support of multiple email accounts. Please note that Email Account is a completely different concept than Shared Mailbox. The easiest way to tell if you have a Shared Mailbox or Email Account is to open Outlook and then go File -> Account Settings -> Account Settings... If you are able to find the mail box under Email tab, it is an Email Account. Otherwise, it is a Shared Mailbox.

To quote Microsoft on Shared Mailbox,

"A shared mailbox is a type of user mailbox that doesn't have its own user name and password. As a result, users can't log into them directly. To access a shared mailbox, users must first be granted Send As or Full Access permissions to the mailbox. Once that's done, users sign into their own mailboxes and then access the shared mailbox by adding it to their Outlook profile..."

You should only use either "Account Display Name" or "Shared Mailbox" at anytime on those actions. "Account Display Name" should be specified when accessing one of the email accounts while "Shared Mailbox" should be specified when accessing shared mailbox only. Usually you may use the display name you see in Outlook as the value to those parameters.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,
I  like make a question in the Blue Prism Community in the evening. Overnight someone from the other side of Earth responds 🙂
Your answer helped me a lot. 
Thank you
Jiri

Jiri Hlucil
Blue Prism Developer
Sberbank CZ, a. s.
Europe/Prague

I realise this post is quite old now, but hopefully someone can help...
I'm having trouble moving an email to a subfolder in a shared mailbox - the 'Move to Subfolder' action doesn't include the 'Shared Mailbox' parameter, it only has 'Account Display Name' - so how do you move an email from one folder to another within a Shared Mailbox?

Mark Rainey
Senior Consultant
Deloitte
Europe/London