cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to spy fields in BMC Remedy application (v.6)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, We are having issues spying fields in a BMC Remedy app. We can only spy a field when the cursor is in it, otherwise nothing registers. As soon as we move the cursor, Blue Prism will not recognize or find the field. We have tried numerous spy modes to no avail. According to wikipedia, BMC Remedy runs over ARS, if that helps with a solution. Any solutions as to how we can spy these fields? Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I have come accross similar behaviour in the past when interfacing with Oracle Applications - the element is not available to be interfaced with until it is active. For such applications in the past I have used Surface Automation to find and click images, and then the native interfaces (Win32/AA) to do read and writes as normal.

JIGARPARIKH
Level 4
Can we write also with Surface Automation in environment like Citrix or Remote Machines? I don't think so...! We can only read.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, I am not sure what this last comment is saying Jigar? I recommend the Surface Automation training if you have not already done it - as that will tell you how to also write to such environments using Clipboard/Send Keys/Send Key Events etc.