cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being able to navigate to URL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys, I am having this problem, I am working with Internet Explorer, launching it with default google page and then I have a Navigate stage using the main object as Element with the action "Navigate" to open a new URL address. Sometimes this works,mostly when I step through the process, but sometimes I see below error when trying to process the Navigate stage: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Go to URL' - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Is it possible that when I launch IE, it opens processes "iexplore.exe" and "iexplore.exe *32" and this is what is causing the error?
4 REPLIES 4

MichalPavlik
Level 2
Hi Marek, I have been facing the same problem and eventualy I have asked BP for help and they said that this could be caused by not having the TabProcGrowth register key set properly. I was playing with this setting and eventualy the issue went away. As you said.. this error occured randomly in my case as well. but tweaking this register key helped. Open BP help and look up TabProcGrowth Hope this helps. Michal

Stephen
Level 3
Hi, I am having the same issue. I have tried to change the TabProcGrowth regedit key and this has not helped me. Do we have any new information on this issue?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There is a known issue in version 5 with the Navigate URL action - the workaround until it is fixed is to take the steps within the application required to navigate to another page rather than jumping to the URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stephen, You can make use of Utility - Environment VBO to launch or navigate to any Url by passing the following parameter's ""iexlpore path"" and the ""Url"" you want to navigate to. Hope this helps.