cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options "descendtree" and "ignorenotshowing" when modelling app as Browser-based

JuanMontero1
Level 4
Hello all, I have this app that I modelled using "Browser-based Application" type within app modeller (because it is browser based, indeed). Thing is I know for sure I could benefit from adding opitons "descendtree, ignorenotshowing" to this model, but when going browser-based it's like you have no chance for this, the filed for adding these options is not there. I can not select Java-based in Application Modeller, still I use JAVA techniques to identify many elements of the target application. So, any way to specify "descendtree, ignorenotshowing" regardless of the application type selected within Application Modeller? Many thanks in advance, Juan.
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Juan - those options are specific to Java and are not applicable to a browser based object.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
So I guess you have ticked the Java Integration check box in the Browser interface - so that you can interact with a Java appliaction that is within Internet Explorer. You are correct, for some reason those options are not available and probably should be. Have you tried launching the appliacation using a browser interface and then attaching to it using a seperate Java interface with the options you mention turned on. If that does not work than I think you need to raise a request with the Blue Prism support team to add the ability to set these Java options in the browser interface with then Java Integration check box is selected.

CynthiaLibby
Level 3
Were you able to get this resolved? I have a Java page in a browser that spies but won't highlight - BP crashes. Wondering if the options might help.