cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Reader VBO

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have attached PDF Reader VBO. If the attachment is not found. Save the below link and import . https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fTGvszUOCjQkNySjhOWnlyQkU/view
19 REPLIES 19

Manohar_SaiBurr
Level 3
Hi Vishal, Thank you very much for giving that user guide. When I'm using it, It takes so much time at """"pen pdf action"". Entire Blue Prism was strucked. I tried to end task in task manager. it shows an error message which is "" it takes time to convert pdf into word. "" Note :- My pdf is having 159 pages and all in Table format. what should i do ? If that PDF is able to convert totally into excel than its more useful to me. If it opens in word we can't able to get table from word so. If you have any solution just comment me

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please do follow the same process flow as given in the user guide. Only ""Get Body"" is optional. It will definitely work because I have opened a PDF of 970pages which has images and tables.

Manohar_SaiBurr
Level 3
Hi Vishal, Thank you for updating. I am very much glad to that. In my PDF, PAGE EXTRACTION set to ""NOT ALLOWED"". thats the main problem. when i tired it take whole day still control didn't even move from open stage to next stage. Thank you

GeorgeNeagoe
Level 2
Hi Vishal, Thank you for your work. I tried using this VBO and I am not able to open the PDF file with the Open PDF Action. It is giving an error ""File Not Found : File does not exist or is not a file."" I made sure to add the PDF File Name as a Text Data item using the absolute path for the pdf (for instance D:\PDF_Name.pdf). Is there something I should be doing different? Thank you.

kumaranimesh
Level 3
Hi Vishal/Manohar, Same issue with my application also when bot goes to open pdf stage it got hanged even i run it from the object also same whole application is hanged. Even my pdf is only two pages. If you have any solution please let me know, Thanks.

Hi manohar, for me also the open stage is stuck, how you have resolved it? i checked in my pdf PAGE EXTRACTION is NOT ALLOWED, i checked several pdfs all have the same property are you sure this is the reason? please let me know the possible solution. Thanks.

ChristianLerch
Level 3
Hi all,   seems only to work with PDFs generated with WinWord. All other PDFs show up as raw data. (WinWord generates metadata which allows it to ""convert"" from and to PDF DOCX and vice versa.)

PriyankaManral
Level 2
Hello Vishal, Thank you for creating this.This was helpful. Also,I needed help with extracting data from a pdf and storing it in an excel sheet.Do you have any solutions for the same,Do let me know.  

DavidAssouline
Level 4
Hi Vishal_Pasupathi10, Thank you for this great work. Could you please instruct me how to install this VBO? I created an object but I'm not capable to say which part of code is dedicated to which action !    Thanks

Kumar_BabuK
Level 2
Good work Vishal, does this code includes reading data from pdf and storing it somewhere wherever required? Thanks