cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read PDF

PriyambadaPanda
Level 3
Hi, I am trying to read a particular text from PDF with out using "Read Text with OCR" .please help me out. Regards, Priya
9 REPLIES 9

SurajJadhav
Level 5
Hello priya, You can use Global send keys to read text from pdf. Firstly you have to identify the region of text in region editor then you can send mouse clicks using Global send keys to select the text. Then send keys to to copy selected text and use getclipboard() method in calculation stage to read the copied text that's it you're done. Hopefully this will help.

PriyambadaPanda
Level 3
Thank you Suraj. How to use Function+SHIFT+END in send keys? I am facing problem with function key. Regards, Priya

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

PriyambadaPanda
Level 3
Thank You Denis, But my requirement is to select only particular text not complete pdf. For particular text i have to send the sendkeys event (Function+Shift+End).

PriyambadaPanda
Level 3
How to select the text from pdf without using OCR ?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The guide i mentioned is relevant to whatever you are doing with a PDF - either the entire document or just one field, the techniques are the same.

ChristianLerch
Level 3
Hi all, the ""Interfacing with PDF documents""-guide is unavailable ... file moved?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Yes the link is no longer valid since the Portal refresh. Go to the Documents section and search for 'pdf'

SrinivasKurella
Level 2
Hi, I am also on the same issue, could someone confirm should i required Acrobot standard / pro edition is required in case spy on the PDF using BP tool ? As i am not able to spying on the PDF using BP as it throws an error saying unable to open the document.