cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Encryption scheme

SridharYadlapal
Level 3
Why we have to give the encryption scheme while configure BP Server for scheduling a process, The scheduler is running even if we didn't give the encryption scheme, So what is the Exact  need of creating Encryption scheme in BP Server for scheduler

------------------------------
Sridhar Yadlapalli
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

If I remember correctly, the encryption schemes are required for encrypting sensitive data such as credentials, queue items or runtime resource screenshots. While configuring the Application Server, the option is there where to store the associated key and it is recommended to store it within the Application Server rather than database.

When you set up a Scheduler it depends if you want the specific Application Server to use this functionality or not since you have environments having multiple servers where only one server uses the Blue Prism scheduling service.

So if I am correct, then Blue Prism Scheduler technically has nothing to do with the Encryption Schemes and perhaps since during the configuration for the Application Server you might have added the associated key of the Encryption Scheme, hence you are having the doubts regarding both the components. Perhaps, someone can confirm if what I understand is correct or not.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves your query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blueprism 6x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If I remember correctly, the encryption schemes are required for encrypting sensitive data such as credentials, queue items or runtime resource screenshots. While configuring the Application Server, the option is there where to store the associated key and it is recommended to store it within the Application Server rather than database.

When you set up a Scheduler it depends if you want the specific Application Server to use this functionality or not since you have environments having multiple servers where only one server uses the Blue Prism scheduling service.

So if I am correct, then Blue Prism Scheduler technically has nothing to do with the Encryption Schemes and perhaps since during the configuration for the Application Server you might have added the associated key of the Encryption Scheme, hence you are having the doubts regarding both the components. Perhaps, someone can confirm if what I understand is correct or not.

Hope it helps you and if it resolves your query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blueprism 6x Certified Professional

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional

Thank you

Sridhar Yadlapalli