cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: error on run but not step through

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Urgent request - I am receiving an error when I run a process but not when I step through it. Any reason anyone can think of to find this error?

------------------------------
Narayan Shrawagi
Senior Consultant
T systems India private limited
Europe/London
Narayan
5 REPLIES 5

GopalBhaire
Level 10

What is the error that you receive. There might be multiple reason for the error, members will be able to help only if you provide details.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

SamanthaShaw
Staff
Staff
Hi Narayan

As Gopal says, we would need to see the error to give more accurate help, but in general if something errors when a process is run, but runs okay when stepped through, it would tend to indicate an issue with timing - as the process would run much faster when run.

It may require the addition of some wait stages or similar techniques to allow for loading times etc.

Hope this helps 🙂

Samantha Shaw
Head of Customer Support (EMEA)
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi all,

I am trying to activate a window and before that I have used a dynamic to wait for that window.
So the scenario is, it says the window exists, but it throws an error if I try to activate the same.
I have attached the error scrrenshot.

Please let me know if you need more details

Narayan Shrawagi
Senior Consultant
T systems India private limited
Europe/London
Narayan

This might be because you've installed a 32bit BluePrism and trying to interact with a 64bit app

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Gopal is correct.  This error normally indicates that you have installed 32-bit Blue Prism on a 64-bit operating system and are attempting to activate an application (or bring to the foreground), when another 64-bit application has focus.

The way you bring an application to foreground is actually achieved by asking whichever app currently has focus to "pass the foreground flag" effectively...  If the application currently in the foreground is 64-bit, and you only have the 32-bit version of Blue Prism installed, it does not have the required application we use to ask a 64-bit application to give us that flag (hence the "file not found" error).  The resolution would be to install the 64-bit version of Blue Prism.

Further details of this can be found here in our knowledge base: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1135907252

Samantha Shaw
Head of Customer Support (EMEA)
Blue Prism
Europe/London