cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version control with multiple teams

Thomas_O_Connor
Level 2
We have an instance of Blue Prism that will provide the function of version control for objects and processes; and also act as a global catalogue for sharing production quality releases of artefacts across multiple teams of modellers. The product doesn't seem to offer any assistance with merging changes to objects that may have been updated by other teams since I initially grabbed my working copy. Right now the only option is to overwrite the existing version, effectively wiping out the other team's changes. Can anyone offer guidance on how they deal with these scenarios of multiple teams working on the same object simultaneously? Many thanks, Thomas.
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Thomas - there is no 'merge' feature in BP I'm afraid, and 'overwrite' is the only option. I'm guessing the teams have their own dev databases and the 'global catalogue' is another BP database? If this is the case, then you'd need to agree on some sort of 'one at a time' editing procedure - you can't have teams simultaneously working on separate copies of an object and then merge the changes back together. Or maybe instead the 'global catalogue' could be a genuine version control application that teams must use to check out an XML file, import it into their dev database, make changes, export back to XML, and check in again?If you'd like to add your thoughts and ideas for our product roadmap, then please contribute to this part of the forum https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/ideas-enhancements